Past Events › Town Hall Hearing
Events Search and Views Navigation
Girls for Gender Equity and The African American Policy Forum come together to ask:
Why are girls of color...
• OVERLY-DISCIPLINED through suspensions, zero tolerance and arrests in school?
• INCARCERATED at the highest rates in history?
• DISCONNECTED from family & community?
• OVER-SEXUALIZED in the media?
• HARMED by abuse, trauma, and violence?
• TRAFFICKED and sexually abused?
What can we do about it?
On International day of the girl, cis and trans girls will tell you #WhyWeCantWait.
Professor Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw will moderate.
Childcare and lunch provided for confirmed guests - RSVP to email@example.com